For the past 6 years I've stored and contemplated on what to do with John Michael, Ben and Bekah's Daddy John's clothes. I intentionally kept the clothes that he wore often and that had memories in them. I've always known I want to do something for the kids. A few years ago I decided that I'd like to have comforters made out of the clothes. I knew that I wouldn't be able to cut the clothes and make the comforters myself. It's not that I'm not able to do it physically, it's an emotional thing. So I did some checking and pricing. I discovered that it was going to be an expensive thing to do but resolved to have it done anyway. Last summer in a conversation I learned that my grandma would be able to do this for me at an amazingly low price. I talked with grandma and she agreed to do it for me.
Each comforter is different. The center of each one has a sweatshirt that showed some of who John was. John Michael has his high school sweatshirt. Ben has his sweatshirt from the cruise ship we went on. Bekah has the sweatshirt of Penn State (John's favorite college team) in the Rose Bowl.
4 comments:
This is so great, Rose! What a great way to remember John! They look amazing!
What a fabulous idea! I am sure grandma loved doing those for you. It was a way for her to bless you and your kids.
Love! Love! Love!
GREAT!!!!!!!!!! IDEA!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure I would have had the forethought or desire to save the clothes. You are one smart woman!!!
Post a Comment