So this time we went to Grace Community Church in Goshen with some of my family. It was so great to be able to go to church and relax. It was so nice to not have any responsibilities and to be able to have my husband next to me in a relaxed, non-working state. :) I love it when we can go somewhere else and not work or answer questions ... we can just "be". It's so refreshing!
We absolutely enjoyed being at Grace. The worship was wonderful and the message was so relevant! ... about parenting. We really enjoyed listening to Pastor Jim. His style is so "meaty". It's something that we can chew on and process for a long time.
I've been going online this week and listening to his past messages. I've actually been listening to these while working out. :) A great way to get the workout in, I must say! He speaks for an hour+/- so it's a good time frame to work with. ... love it!!
So this morning I listened to a message about Prayer. Powerful!! I've attached the link to this message so if you ever have an hour of spare time ... cleaning the house, making dinner, instead of reading or facebook ... I would really encourage you to listen to it. It's good stuff!!
I have to admit that it was convicting to me. I like to think that I'm a Woman of Prayer but this was challenging for me.
http://gracecommunity-church.com/goshen/index.php?nid=133199&s=gl
Some points:
- When was the last time you spent 30 minutes quiet before God?
- Prayer is communication with God but when was the last time you simply LISTENED to what HE had to say?
- What do you choose to believe about God? Who is he to you?
- What do you believe HE can do?
- What have you asked for lately? ... Favor? Blessing? Things? etc ...
- How full is your closet?
- Where do you go for answers to your life?
- How much faith do you have?
- What are your ceiling tiles?
No comments:
Post a Comment