Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fall

What would life be like to not have anything on the "to do" list? Mine seems to be endless ... it will go on for the rest of my life. I would love to go somewhere for a few days someday where I have not responsibilities and life just takes care of itself while I'm gone. Oh, and it would be great if the list was gone when I got back! :)

Now that it's Fall we have been cleaning up the yard and winterizing the house. Last weekend we spent some time working outside. While I was still finishing up Ben and Bekah decided to jump in the pile of leaves. While they're at it, they may as well grab the camera and take pictures of each other, right? What fun they had! Imagine running and literally jumping into a pile of dead leaves!










We spent some time at Potato Creek after working in the yard. We took a picnic lunch along, played football and walked the field maze. It was a gorgeous day and so nice to be outside. Playing football was good for me. It's something that the kids and Clint enjoy playing but not something that I usually get in on. It was so much fun guarding Ben! I love his humor and competitiveness at the same time. At one point Clint wanted to guard me but it didn't work very well. With him being an ex-football player, I'm no match for him. :) He knocked me down and we were done playing against each other ... Ben was back with me. It was funny.


A couple weeks ago I did a photoshoot with a friend's family who hadn't had a family photo for 7+ years. She is a good friend and he is a South Bend police officer. It was a quick shoot and I learned a lot from it. Looking back at the photos I always am my own worst critic. I think "I should've done this or that"... I still do. I do have to say though that my friend liked them so well that her sister has asked me to take their family photos Thanksgiving weekend when they're in town. I'm really hoping for decent weather so we can do some outside.


We also had some of our own family photos taken by my niece and her husband. It was the first really cold day this fall. Clint and some of the kids weren't very happy with the whole process and being cold but I was enjoying it. :)


1 comment: