We've had a pretty busy summer so far. Now that we're into July life has slowed down quite abit, which is great.
Last week the church office was closed with the staff being on vacation. So we took some time for vacation ourselves.

Clint and I went backpacking/hiking on South Manitou Island, which is in Lake Michigan. It was wonderful and a much needed time away! On Monday we took a ferry to the island, hiked in almost 4 miles to our campsite, which was right by the beach. On Tuesday we did a 10 mile day-hike around the island. It was a tremendous amount of beach to hike so we took a cut through the woods. We were tired and hot when we got back to the campsite. The weather was perfect! On Wednesday morning we woke up to rain and had to backpack back to the village to meet the ferry through the pouring rain for almost 4 miles. It was not fun to do that. Everything was so wet by the time we got there!
The kids stayed with my parents and Sissa while we were gone. They had a great time like always.
We got home on Wednesday night then woke up the next morning to do laundry, repack, and go to Clint's parents to camp in their backyard. Don't think we'll be doing two camping trips in one week again. It was a good time but too much packing, unpacking, and repacking for one week.
Ben got baptized the Sunday before we left for vacation. He was so excited about this! He talked about it for days... counted the days ... and his excitement came out in his "wired" actions. Clint had the honor of baptizing him!
Grandmom Betsy was able to come out for Ben's baptism. It was a short notice decision was it was so good to have her with us for 6 days. The grandkids had a great time of playing croquet with her. They even learned how to do Sudoku puzzles with her. It was great to see them spending so much quality time together!
This week I joined the world of Facebook! For a long time Sissa has been trying to get me into this world but I've refused... don't know why now. :) It's been great to connect with friends who I've lost touch with for years. It's crazy to find out who all has a Facebook page. Who would've thought...
Today... Today is the 4 year anniversary of the accident, John's death, John Michael's paralysis, the moment when my world completely changed. At 1:00pm today it will be 4 years. This year is completely different than last year! Last year was absolutely horrible in dealing with my emotions about the anniversary! This year, well, I didn't even think about it until last night when I realized today's date. This morning I was feeling some sadness but I'm ok. It's so different this year.
I know that a huge part of the difference is the incredible healing that God has done in my heart with the grieving part of my life. He took the grief away from me and has helped me to move forward with that part of my life. It's not that I don't miss John or John Michael's legs but the grief is gone. I don't know that it's possible for me to explain how this works... I just know that it does. The heaviness of the grief is gone! Maybe someday I can explain it.
On another note... I ran a mile this morning! So proud of myself. I'm finding out that my Leo (Ft Wayne) friends are running. I've been running this summer along with my morning workout but I haven't done a mile for several weeks. I'm being challenged by my friends and they don't even know it! :) My friend Tammy and I are still doing the bootcamp workout on our own 3 days a week and it's been great. I still don't like running!
It's been 4 years as of right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment