"Everybody wants to be on the mountaintop, but if you'll remember, mountaintops are rocky and cold. There is no growth on the top of the mountain. Sure, the view is great, but what's a view for? A view just gives us a glimpse of our next destination - our next target. But to hit that target, we must come off the mountain, through the valley, and begin to climb the next slope. It is in the valley that we slog through the lush grass and rich soil, learning and becoming what enables us to summit to life's next peak." ... The Noticer, by Andy Andrews
So even though some of us may be in the valley, it more than likely is exactly where God wants us to be. As hard as it may be, I think I would rather grow in the lush green, rich soil and be able to grow deep roots rather than be in a cold, rocky place where I can't grow at all. I have to admit though that there are times when I simply want to not grow and not have to experience the growing pains of what we call life.
What does God want for us? I believe he wants us to grow to be more and more like him. It's not easy to be stretched and to grow. Not growing pretty much isn't an option for us as long as we are alive.
Let's keep perspective and remember that being in the valley is better than being on the mountaintop.
2 comments:
Thanks for this reminder on a day when growing has not been easy!
Wow, this is quite a new perspective. Very, very thought-provoking. Stomps on the attitude a little. :)
Printed and posted on the frig. :)
Post a Comment