Monday, December 1, 2008

Random Thoughts

So, it's been almost a month since I've posted. I know, way too long. I seem to get caught up with so many other things that eat up my time and energy. Anyway, I thought I would give a few random thoughts on what's been going on in the past month...

In the past 6 months I've been reading a blog of a young lady who went to my former high school. Her 19 year old daughter was diagnosed with a cancer of the brain. It was diagnoses being in stage 4 and very aggressive. I know Christi alittle, but I've know her sister for years. In reading her blog, I've been challenged to pursue God more in the tough times. Her daughter, Danni, died last Thursday morning ... Thanksgiving morning. My heart was heavy for Christi and the family. They now have to go through the grieving process. They've already walked through so much! I can't imagine what it must be like for them. I am encouraged by her strong clutch on God and his strength.
You can read updates at ... dannifrain.blogspot.com

This is a picture of Clint while in Sudan, Africa. Him and another guy went for a time of connecting with the people there. Vineyard has had a relationship with the Sudanese people for several years now. We have been sending money for feeding people for several years now. This trip was to make more connections and to find out how we can help them more. Clint has some great experiences to gain from it. They definitely made some God-connections while they were there.

Our Thanksgiving Feast! Some of my family came to enjoy it with us. No, that's not alcohol on the table. It looks like a lot of it. :) It was non-alcoholic sparkling grape juice. The kids love it and we had to limit them to three glasses. :)

Thanksgiving was good this year. We did miss PopPop and Grandmom Betsy though! It was very different to not have them here again this year. It was much more quiet. They always added life to the day/weekend. Thanksgiving was a time of spending time with them. We would have liked to have Jeff & Wendy come but the timing didn't seem right this time. We're hoping to spend time with them in the spring.

My family will be going to Florida for Christmas this year. We are so looking forward to it! We will be gone for almost 2 weeks ... in the warmth!

It seems strange to think that we won't be getting Christmas gifts from PopPop and Grandmom this year. Makes me sad. I miss the phone calls ... "We're in the store. What does John Michael want? What size does he wear? What color? etc." "Hey sweetie, just wanted you to know... " "It's Pennsylvania calling..." I miss them!

I am "Co-chair" of the school auction again this year. It's a crazy thing! It's an interesting set-up with the committee. No one wants to be in charge, so we really don't have a Chairperson. My friend and I are the only ones on the committee who have done this before so we are pretty much the "Co-chairs" this year. Ahhh! It's been crazy! Pray that it will be successful!


The Vineyard Photography Team is still doing well. This is a team that I formed last spring. I was challenged to build it from the ground up. Boy, has it been a challenge! I need more photographers! Yesterday was a big event for us/me. We had WorshipFest, which was 2 services of alot of worship, testimonies and baptisms. I did most of the photography since I had the camera that did well with the lighting. It was fun but a bit stressful. I am pleased with my pictures. One of my favorites is the reaction of one of John Michael's friends after being baptized. Priceless!! ...

1 comment:

Clint Schwartz said...

I just want you to know that I love you!!!