

So far we've had a pretty busy summer. On May 21 we had an annual wheelchair basketball game fundraiser for Covenant Christian School. Clint and I organized it again this year. Clint told me that I had to play since I am on the school board and we had a team of board and staff members. It was so much fun! I have to say that playing against John Michael is a challenge! He is very quick in his bball chair and very competitive. He kept coming along side me and challenging me. :) We had a blast!
Rebekah is playing machine-pitch softball this year. She is loving it and doing great. Clint is one of the parent helpers which makes it so special for her.
Last week she had a triple with a 3-run RBI! I was so proud of her and she was so excited!!
Ben played MSA (Michiana Soccer Association) again this year. He's been playing the past few years and has enjoyed it although he has discovered that it's not his favorite sport.
On opening day of baseball he says to me "Mom, I want to play baseball again." This was music to my ears. Even as I've enjoyed watching him play soccer, I've always longed for him to play baseball again. He is a very good baseball player and it was hard for me to let him quit the game. I'm hoping that he will still want to play baseball next spring... hanging onto hope. :)
Soccer is now finished but we still have two softball schedules going on. Rebekah is playing through the end of June and Anna is playing on a travel team through July. (I don't have any pictures of Anna's games yet but they'll be coming. She has 2 double-headers a week and tournaments almost every weekend. I'm thinking I have plenty of time and games to take those pics.)

No comments:
Post a Comment